I am a practical and hands-on Creative Manager with strong experience in Graphic Design, Animation and Video. Over the past 11 years I have developed a track record of producing creative and innovative concepts, meeting demanding deadlines, successfully communicating with cross-functional teams and leading by example. I have gained a wealth of knowledge in Digital, Creative and Motion, generating stunning creative experiences and allowing me to effectively direct projects for some of the most recognized brands in the UK.
ao.com – 2011 – Present
Provide creative direction for a team of Motion Designers, Editors, 3D Artists and Storyboard Artists. Responsible for providing conceptual direction and producing content for multi-channel (webpages and micro sites , rich media content , digital display banners , pre-roll advertising , email and social media) digital/TV marketing campaigns for clients such as Samsung, Hotpoint, Tesco, Bosch and ao.com, working closely with Commercial teams to analyse ROI and streamline/maximize profitability/reach.
- Daily running of post-production studio, coordinating Motion Designers, Editors and 3D artists
- Proofing and signing off artwork/video
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams and advertising agencies
- Built a creative team from initial interview stages to compliment business objectives, establishing a well-balanced team and a strong collaborative environment.
- Implemented team development strategy/structure to promote a passionate team dynamic and enhanced cooperative skillsets
- Conducting monthly one to ones and annual appraisals
- Working to budget and justifying the commercial value of projects
- Presenting and pitching to clients, executives and board-level stake-holders
- Using analytics and sales data to evaluate ROI of campaigns, provide feedback and inform future activities
- Put in place solid workflows and best practices for creative teams, including the development and overhaul of IT infrastructure, the use of basecamp, artwork and pre-production best practices.
- Developing ao.com as a brand through the use of Rich and Multimedia driving an 173% uplift in engagement 151% uplift to conversion.
Today’s Community Church – 2003 – 2011
Responsible for all multi-channel marketing content for web, print, video, social and live, developing an engaged and loyal audience.
- Produced an extensive catalogue of creative work for use in weekly live events
- Directed all live AV including lighting, cameras and display
- Recruited, inspired and trained a volunteer workforce to produce high-quality, engaging content
Paypal eTail Awards 2014 for “Best Use of Content” for Samsung’s Mammoth Campaign
My life is about my beautiful wife and daughter, creativity, great design, video, football, walking my dog, reading great books, watching great films and making great coffee. Not necessarily in that order.
Available on request.